My wife and I would like to use the S80,OOO we hold in RRSPs to purchase a cottage. Can we hold the cottage inside an RRSP and treat it like an investment?

Ask Moneysense, by Marc Lamontagne
December 2011

No, you can't hold property inside an RRSP - but you can hold what's called a self- directed mortgage.

Full text: Self-directed mortgage


Schedule an Initial Consultation

Phone: (613) 596-3353
1565 Carling Avenue, Suite 602
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Z 8R1

We have been providing financial services to Ottawa Professionals, Small Business Owners and Families since 1994. Give us a call today to discuss your financial objectives. We'd love to hear from you!